This is Rev Yolanda!
Who is Rev Yolanda? An outrageous singer songwriter, perfomer, artist, Interfaith Minister and Drag Queen who expresses his Ministry through his music with the Old Time Gospel Hour.
Join Diane Green as she chats to Rev Yolanda about his spiritual journey and music from Alabama to New York.
This was recorded on 9th November 2013
This is our Feb 19, 2014 podcast of Awakening and ACIM-An Interfaith Perspective with Rev. Yolanda and Rev. Glen. In this edition we talk about how to give up attack thoughts and to live in the knowledge that there is nothing to fear. Rev. Yolanda sings 2 original songs live: "I Am Sustained" and "Love Divine"
We often have a face, an identity that we are very comfortable with and one perhaps that the world s comfortable with. We learned how to construct this identity from family and friends when we grew up and even learned the ‘rules’ of how to be worthy of affection and attention. Who we are isn’t the problem, the Course is teaching us, it’s the Identity we learned that we think is us. Shedding this false self with it’s rules and regulations is the key to experiencing the overflowing joy of our Creator. The Light from our creator shows us the truth of who we are and leads us away from the false dark self into living as the light. We are naturally loving and lovable; we are learning to place our Identity as Children of the Light.
Each of us is a terrifyingly interesting book. We didn’t write this book of our talents and desires, we are reading from it. God wrote this book. We each have a journey that is ours to make in this realm of existence. Our judgement of what that is for us, for others and for the world at large causes us to be unable to fulfill that destiny and experience our full expression of happiness. When we let judgement enter in to our thoughts we see upon a landscape as if through fog. We don’t see very well and require expert guidance. The guidance we seek is clearest when we let go of our judgements of what we’re supposed to do and what others are doing.
8 Special Principles of Miracle Workers
1. The miracle abolishes the need for lower-order concerns. Since it is an out-of-pattern time interval, the ordinary considerations of time and space do not apply. When you perform a miracle, I will arrange both time and
space to adjust to it.
2. A clear distinction between what is created and what is made is essential. All forms of healing rest on this fundamental correction in level perception.
3. Never confuse right- and wrong-mindedness. Responding to any form of error with anything except a desire to heal is an expression of this confusion.
4. The miracle is always a denial of this error and an affirmation of the truth. Only right-mindedness can correct in a way that has any real effect. Pragmatically, what has no real effect has no existence. Its effect, then, is emptiness. Being without substantial content, it lends itself to projection.
5. The level-adjustment power of the miracle induces the right perception for healing. Until this has occurred healing cannot be understood. Forgiveness is an empty gesture unless it entails correction. Without this it is essentially judgmental, rather than healing.
6. Miracle-minded forgiveness is only correction. It has no element of judgment at all. The statement "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" in no way evaluates what they do. It is an appeal to God to heal their minds. There is no reference to the outcome of the error. That does not matter.
7. The injunction "Be of one mind" is the statement for revelation-readiness. My request "Do this in remembrance of me" is the appeal for cooperation from miracle workers. The two statements are not in the same order of reality. Only the latter involves an awareness of time, since to remember is to recall the past in the present. Time is under my direction, but timelessness belongs to God. In time we exist for and with each other. In timelessness we coexist with God.
8. You can do much on behalf of your own healing and that of others if, in a
situation calling for help, you think of it this way:
I am here only to be truly helpful.
I am here to represent him who sent me.
I do not have to worry about what to say or what to do, because he who sent
me will direct me.
I am content to be wherever he wishes, knowing he goes there with me.
I will be healed as I let Him teach me to heal.
"We begin 2014 with the 50 Cornerstones of A Course In Miracles.
Nothing I See Means Anything.
I have given everything I see all the meaning that it has for me.
I do not understand anything I see.
These thoughts do not mean anything.
I am never upset for the reason I think.
I am upset because I see something that is not there.
I see only the past.
My mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
I see nothing as it is now.
How good are you at being present? Do you know what happening with your mind? Can you accurately describe the world around you without judgement? Without your past conditioning what would you be looking at and thinking about?
These are great questions. We have a choice about how we see the world. It starts with our understanding of our selves. Each and every human being needs to know the way his/her mind works and what it's tendencies are and it's favorite past haunts and attitudes. Do you know your prejudices and preferences? Are you aware of what upsets you? And what you're thinking when you get upset? How present are you in this moment? How well do you see the NOW? We're going to look at the Escape from Darkness from Chapter ONE: The Meaning of Miracles. It talks a lot about what we see and what we could see, i.e. what is there."
This is our weekly podcast called Awakening and ACIM. Today's discussion is about the 50 principles of Miracles!
You can also listen live every Thursday night from 8-9pm EST on Awakening Together Radio http://awakening-together.org/info-about-our-gathering-room/listen-live/
This is our Christmas show for 2013 - we call it The Peace Show.
I AM NEVER UPSET FOR THE REASON I THINK
aka HALLOWEEN -The Musical
Join Rev. Yolanda and Rev. Glen into an ACIM Journey through the celebration of HALLOWEEN!
Glen and I were guests on Rev. Shawn Moninger's Radio Show. We talked about and listened to my music , then Glen was interviewed about his knowledge of the InterFaith Movement.
Life is an inside job. There is heaven and hell potential for every moment of every day, and we have the creative power within us to choose the direction of our lives. Honoring the unique gift we each are to this world first means loving and accepting ourselves so we can extend that to others and live a life of fulfilled expression and freedom. Join us as we are uplifted and inspired with songs from various artists focusing on Giving the Gift of YOU!
Talking about Jesus, Buddha and meditation over a cup a coffee and carrot cake!
Rev. RoYo interviews Rev. Glen at the Bay Ridge Diner during Saturday Brunch. Rev. Glen tells us how his study of A Course In Miracles has improved his understanding of the Buddhist teaching about The Four Hindrances.